Wednesday 22 June 2011

RJ Says: Bercy Supercross

I have raced at the Bercy Supercross. In 1984, we actually raced it twice. The first race was right after the Daytona Supercross in March, and then we raced again at Bercy in December.

The very first year was cool. But the track was an unknown. When we (the top American Supercross racers) got there, we realized they (the organizers) didn't know fully how to put on a supercross. The track was so narrow, it was hard to pass, it was a 'European' supercross.

But also that first year, I realized how awesome a 'show' can be. Their show was awesome in Bercy! All of us were surprised at how great it was!

My very first thought though, the first time I got to Bercy: "Wow, this is a small track!" But I raced there again in 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, and 1989. I've also gone another time after I retired from professional supercross and motocross racing.


Bercy 2009

Source: http://www.supercross.com/rj-says/rj-says-bercy-supercross

Vic Eastwood Daryl Ecklund Erik Eggens Richard Eierstedt

No comments:

Post a Comment